Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick, easy and elegant summer appetizer.
Make and share this Canapes de Anchoa (Anchovy Canapes) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced in thin slices on the diagonal
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil (about)
- 2 -3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cans anchovies, drained
- Arrange bread on a serving platter, and brush with olive oil.
- Top each piece of bread with a tomato slice and an anchovy.
- If desired, garnish with freshly chopped parsley or basil.
- Another variation is to mash a clove of garlic and mix with the olive oil before brushing on the bread.