Recipe by English_Rose
A Thai-inspired canape of contrasting textures and flavours that’s great for the budget conscious.
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 ounces dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 20 shrimp, cooked and peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the cucumber into ten discs, each about 1/4in thick.
- Mix together the cream cheese, chili sauce, scallion, lemon juice and two-thirds of the peanuts. Spoon the mixture on top of the cucumber discs (to make them look neater, scoop the mixture between two teaspoons to give a nice shape).
- Sit a shrimp on top of each cucumber disc. Sprinkle over the remaining chopped peanuts and arrange on a serving plate.