Recipe by love4culinary
Great Italian appetizer that wont break your budget! Use slices of bread, cut off the crusts and cut into squares to get the required sized bread squares called for in the ingredients. Use leftover bread pieces to create stuffing etc. You can increase the quantity easily as you desire.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This makes a nice rich salmon spread. I served this at room temperature for full flavor, on sliced baguette, with sliced black olives and capers on top. A must try if you like smoked salmon!
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 6 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 pitted black olives, sliced in half
- 12 slices bread, 1/2 inch thick and 3-4 inches wide
Directions See How It's Made
- Process all ingredients except olives and bread in a food processor.
- Spread the mixture over the slices of bread, and garnish with a black olive slice or two in the center.
- It also looks nice to put a thin slice of smoked salmon on top and then an olive piece.