Recipe by Um Safia
Posted for ZWT 4! This is a recipe for a yummy, sticky, monkey bread which is simple to make & VERY addictive! Time to make doesn't include resting / rising time...
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 (7 g) packages fast rising yeast (or 8g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Heat milk, water and 5 tablespoons butter until very warm (120F-130F). Stir into dry ingredients. Mix in eggs and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth, about 6 minutes. Cover let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 32 pieces; roll into balls. Melt remaining butter. Dip balls in butter.
- Layer evenly on bottom of greased 10 inch tube pan with non-removable bottom; 1/3 cup maple syrup, ½ cup nuts,16 balls, 1/3 cup maple syrup, ½ nuts, 16 balls and 1/3 cup maple syrup.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until it has doubled in size, about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake in 375F preheated oven for 35 minutes or until done. Cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Invert on serving plate.