Got this from that Canadian cookbook. We found it very flavorful and simple to put together. The tabasco really makes a great companion to this dish!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1892.72 ml corn kernels, frozen (one of these cups is to garnish)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 14.79 ml butter
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 stalk celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 sprig thyme, minced
- 1419.54 ml stock (I use chicken)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream (35%)
- Tabasco sauce
- 1In a pot, saute 1 cup of corn with a table spoon of butter till cooked, about 5 minute Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2In the same pot, suite onions with 1/4 cup utter till translucent.
- 3Add garlic, celery and carrots and saute for 5 minute.
- 4Add remaining corn and thyme, cover with stock and simmer for 20 minute.
- 5Puree in blender till smooth and return to heat.
- 6Stir in cream and season with salt, pepper and tabasco.
- 7Garnish with the reserved corn, or just mix it inches.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Sweet Corn Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 121.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: