Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this from that Canadian cookbook. We found it very flavorful and simple to put together. The tabasco really makes a great companion to this dish!!
- 8 cups corn kernels, frozen (one of these cups is to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 sprigs thyme, minced
- 6 cups stock (I use chicken)
- 1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- Tabasco sauce
- In a pot, saute 1 cup of corn with a table spoon of butter till cooked, about 5 minute Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In the same pot, suite onions with 1/4 cup utter till translucent.
- Add garlic, celery and carrots and saute for 5 minute.
- Add remaining corn and thyme, cover with stock and simmer for 20 minute.
- Puree in blender till smooth and return to heat.
- Stir in cream and season with salt, pepper and tabasco.
- Garnish with the reserved corn, or just mix it inches.