Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A tasty treat for sparerib lovers.
- 1814.36 g spareribs
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 0.59 ml ginger
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 78.07 ml vinegar
- 354.88 ml tomato juice
- 236.59 ml water
- 9.85 ml soya sauce
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut ribs in 3 inch lengths, 3 ribs wide.
- Place on rack in shallow roaster.
- Roast 30-35 minutes until brown on each side.
- Pour off fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small saucepan.
- Simmer 10 minutes until thickened.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Remove rack from roasting pan.
- Pour sauce over ribs and cover pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Well, you have topped it again!! Excellent! I used beef ribs. They are a little tougher than pork spareribs had enough vinegar and spices to make them mouthwatering. I will continue to make again and again. Excellent mix of spices! This sauce is spicy and has a vinegary bite like chili sauce but it is just right for this family. If you want a "hot Peppery taste" then I suggest adding a little tabasco...but this sauce is really good. Not meant to satisfy jalapeno fans. Good Job!
We are a sparerib eating family and these were pretty darn good. Whenever I make something from Zaar and my husband likes it, he gives me the "thumbs up" whch means it's 5 stars. I didn't have tomatoe juice, so I subbed a small can of tomatoe sauce and just increased the water by 1/2 cup. I also used double the amount of ribs, but kept the sauce the same and it was just fine. I also used extra garlic.
Love this recipe , thank you Bluenose. I didn't change a thing ! It was perfect as it is and that is how I like my recipes .. carry on Tazzmanazz