Recipe by Bluenoser
A tasty treat for sparerib lovers.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Well, you have topped it again!! Excellent! I used beef ribs. They are a little tougher than pork spareribs had enough vinegar and spices to make them mouthwatering. I will continue to make again and again. Excellent mix of spices! This sauce is spicy and has a vinegary bite like chili sauce but it is just right for this family. If you want a "hot Peppery taste" then I suggest adding a little tabasco...but this sauce is really good. Not meant to satisfy jalapeno fans. Good Job!
- 4 lbs spareribs
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut ribs in 3 inch lengths, 3 ribs wide.
- Place on rack in shallow roaster.
- Roast 30-35 minutes until brown on each side.
- Pour off fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small saucepan.
- Simmer 10 minutes until thickened.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Remove rack from roasting pan.
- Pour sauce over ribs and cover pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until tender.