Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great on BBQ'ed or broiled steak.
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Store mixture in an air-tight container.
- To use: Rub the seasoning blend on a steak and grill, or use it to season beans, rices, grains or vegetables.
Very nice rub, not overpowering like most rubs I have tried. I will try it on chicken next. I aded a few red pepper flakes just to give it a bit of zing. Hubby likes his steak spicy. I like it as is.
This was a great dry rub. I used it on a steak and did not miss the liquid BBQ sauce at all!! I have some stored in my cupboard now and I'll be using it in a number of dishes. Thanks again Dancer^.