Recipe by Stacky5
These cookies combine the rich taste of butter and maple syrup. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by deanna_k
This is a very nice simple recipe! My one piece of advice: DO NOT SKIMP ON THE FLOUR! There is so much butter in these that they really need all of the flour. In fact, when I turned the dough out onto the board to roll, I kneaded another 1/4 - 1/2 cup of flour into it. It really needs to be very stiff so the cookies don't melt in the oven.<br/><br/>If you want added maple flavor, add 1 tsp of maple flavoring to the dough. Purely a personal preference :)
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine the butter, sugar, flour and maple syrup, blend until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough out 1/2 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 20 minutes, watch carefully so as not to overcook. Let cookies cool before eating.