Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a church or club cookbook called, "Sugar Plum Fairy" from a used bookstore in North Carolina.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
Ingredients to pour over the above
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix ingredients above together and pour into a greased baking dish or pan.
- Pour boiling water, butter, brown sugar and vanilla over first seven ingredients.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and turn upside down.
- Sauce will be on the bottom.
- Serve hot and plain, or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
I havent tried this yet, but it sounds really good!!