Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This recipe comes from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine.
Top Review by Chef Saskatchewan Bound
This is a fanatstic tasting and easy dinner. The gravy was a little sweet but was excellent over rice. I would recommend serving wild rice with this dish. Try making the maple corn bread recipe its a nice addition. Thanks Chris.
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the syrup, lemon juice, mustard and garlic; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Strain cooking juices; transfer 1 cup to a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice roast; serve with gravy.