Recipe by kitina
Yummy first course for a dinner party. We traditionally serve this on Christmas eve.
- 1 quart oyster
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain oysters and reserve the juice.
- Examine oysters and pick out any bits of shell.
- Return oysters to the juice and heat just until the edges curl.
- Drain the juice into a saucepan.
- Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Add the next 5 ingredients to the saucepan and simmer 15-20 minutes until the veggies are softened.
- Strain the mixture into the top part of a double boiler, pressing most of the veg mixture through strainer.
- Add the wine to the mixture and heat to a boil.
- Cream the butter and flour together to make a roux and whisk into the broth.
- Cook until smooth and thickened.
- Add oysters, cream and seasonings.
- Just before serving add sherry and parsley.