Canadian North Woods Venison Mincemeat
- Cook the venison by boiling until lightly cooked.
- Mix the ingredients together in order to the meat stock. Stir and bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 slow hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix all together well. Cool slowly. Keeps very well in the freezer and can be taken out to make your favorite pie. Suggest freezing in portions for pie.
- Notes: in place of the 1 qt vinegar they found that their favorite variation was 1 pint of tarragon vinegar or 1 pint of port wine vinegar.
- In place of the molasses you can use pancake syrup or a good maple syrup [real]. They choice was the molasses.