1/1 Photo of Canadian Maple Butter Tarts
curly top's Note:
I grew up near several large producing maple sugar bushes in Canada and maple syrup was in many things my mother made. Butter tarts are a traditional Canadian treat, these include real maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out pastry and cut into 12 circles.
- 2Fit pastrys into muffin or tart cups.
- 3Sprinkle raisins and or walnuts in the bottom of each tart.
- 4Beat together eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, butter and salt.
- 5Pour into tart shells, about 2/3 full.
- 6Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes, until set.
- 7Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- 8In some places you can find pre made tart shells in the freezer section along side pie shells.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Maple Butter Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 229.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g