I grew up near several large producing maple sugar bushes in Canada and maple syrup was in many things my mother made. Butter tarts are a traditional Canadian treat, these include real maple syrup.
- Roll out pastry and cut into 12 circles.
- Fit pastrys into muffin or tart cups.
- Sprinkle raisins and or walnuts in the bottom of each tart.
- Beat together eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, butter and salt.
- Pour into tart shells, about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes, until set.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- In some places you can find pre made tart shells in the freezer section along side pie shells.