Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I am now using Recipezaar to store recipes I want to try, including this one. What a great way to share!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (or 4 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, sliced into coins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a clean plastic bag, combine flour and pepper.
- Add chicken; shake to coat.
- Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, basil, and salt; cook for a few minutes, just until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle in reserved flour mixture.
- Stir in stock and vinegar and bring to boil.
- Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced (breasts may not take as long).
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
This is a great recipe, very tasty and the chicken stays moist. I used skinless chicken breasts and served it with mashed potatoes. This would make good comfort food. Thanks for posting the recipe!
This is a beautiful dish to serve up. It was easy to make. One of those dishes you can prepare as you walk in the door from work. Only takes 10 minutes preparation and then pop it in the oven to cook while you have a shower. I used skinless chicken breasts. The chicken is so moist. The red wine vinegar gave the dish a lovely flavour that I thought complimented the mushrooms and chicken. I served this with green beans and baby potatoes in their jackets. I will most certainly be cooking this recipe again. Thank you Lennie for posting this recipe. By the way,Lennie, didyanotis dat 2 aussies 'ave reviewedya recipe? Us aussie know a good thing when we see it. *wink*
This was my first review and I just realized I never gave it the five stars it deserves! Here you go, Lennie!