Recipe by Lennie
I am now using Recipezaar to store recipes I want to try, including this one. What a great way to share!
Top Review by dale!
This is a great recipe, very tasty and the chicken stays moist. I used skinless chicken breasts and served it with mashed potatoes. This would make good comfort food. Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (or 4 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, sliced into coins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a clean plastic bag, combine flour and pepper.
- Add chicken; shake to coat.
- Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, basil, and salt; cook for a few minutes, just until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle in reserved flour mixture.
- Stir in stock and vinegar and bring to boil.
- Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced (breasts may not take as long).
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.