Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
These truly are the best chocolate chip cookies that I've ever made. The chilling instructions before baking and the standing afterwards are very important steps. The texture turns out perfect.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (for a firmer cookies, add about 1/4 cup more flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (President's Choice)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (I'd add more chocolate chips if you do not include walnuts, optional) (optional) or 1 cup pecans (I'd add more chocolate chips if you do not include pecans) (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and shortening; gradually mix in sugars, creaming thoroughly.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Chill for a few minutes or let stand at cool room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly and smooth edges to make 1/2-inch thick cookie.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and still slightly under-baked in the centre. Let stand on baking sheet for 5 minutes; remove to racks to let cool completely.
Very good classic chocolate chip cookie. Not too greasy like "Toll House". Nice crisp edges. My kids loved them. They are especially rich with 2 cups of chocolate chips!
This is the best chocolate chip cookie that I have ever made ,and I've tried a lot of recipes! I like a cookie that improves with age and this one does, it is still moist and chewy and very good , not drying out like most do.The only thing I changed was oven temp to 350 deg and they were a nice golden brown in 8 min. I tried the just brown around edge with one batch, is not as nice to look at at all.I will stay with this recipe now.Thankyou for the recipe,blueangelica54
These are great chocolate chip cookies. We all loved them!