1/8 Photos of Canadian Living's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Girl's Note:
These truly are the best chocolate chip cookies that I've ever made. The chilling instructions before baking and the standing afterwards are very important steps. The texture turns out perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (for a firmer cookies, add about 1/4 cup more flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (President's Choice)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (I'd add more chocolate chips if you do not include walnuts, optional) (optional) or 1 cup pecans (I'd add more chocolate chips if you do not include pecans) (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, cream together butter and shortening; gradually mix in sugars, creaming thoroughly.
- 2Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 4Chill for a few minutes or let stand at cool room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 5Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- 6Flatten slightly and smooth edges to make 1/2-inch thick cookie.
- 7Bake in a 375°F oven for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and still slightly under-baked in the centre. Let stand on baking sheet for 5 minutes; remove to racks to let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Living's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g