Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious salad with crisp romaine lettuce and a creamy dressing and croutons. My family and my favourite caesar salad. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl whisk together oil, mayonnaise, cheese, vinegar, mustard, anchovy paste, garlic, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Meanwhile cook bacon and tear lettuce into bite size pieces to make about 10 cups. Place in large bowl. Add bacon, cheese, croutons, and dressing and toss well to combine.
I have made this dressing so many times I can do it in my sleep. The only thing I do different is adjustment to only add about 1/4 teaspoon mustard instead of the full amount. I also don't put in the bacon and just use homemade croutons instead. I am so glad that I found it here on Zaar. Thanks for posting.
Very nice and crispy salad that we both enjoyed. I did find the vinegar taste a bit strong and will use less the next time to suit my taste. This will be a regular at my house. Thanks for posting.