This homey skillet supper creates its own barbecue sauce as it simmers. Serve with big baked potatoes, sour cream and lots of green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the drumsticks in a large nonstick frying pan. Place over medium high heat. Saute the chicken until lightly browned on all sides about 10 minutes, adding a little vegetable oil to the pan, if needed.
- 2Reduce heat to low. Stir the garlic into the fat in the pan, if needed. Then, add the water, ketchup and soy sauce and stir until mixed. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, turning the chicken about every 5 minutes, until the chicken feels springy to the touch. Remove chicken to a platter.
- 3Increase heat to medium. Gently boil the sauce, uncovered, stirring often, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the chicken, about 5 minutes. Stir in the honey. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve. Serves 3 to 4. Prep time: 20 minutes/Cooking time: 45 minutes.
- 4Runny Honey: If liquid honey crystallizes, remove the lid and place the jar in a saucepan filled with several inches of hot water and heat gently until the honey melts, or warm the jar in a microwave.
- 5The New Chatelaine Cookbook.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Lickin" Good Barbecued Chicken Legs
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.0
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 277.2 mg
- Sodium 1158.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 62.4 g