Recipe by Recipe Junkie
Delicious lemony bread from our church cookbook.
Top Review by ercelialaporte
Instead of powdered sugar with the lemon juice, I usegranulated sugar. You can also make an orange loaf by replace lemon zest and juice with orange zest juice.
I'm also Canadian and probablybelong to the chef's same church. BON APPETIT!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon, with its peel grated and juice squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Add salt.
- Add lemon peel to the butter.
- To this add flour mix.
- Stir in milk and blend well.
- Bake in loaf pan at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add powdered sugar to lemon juice.
- When bread is done, prick top with a fork and dribble lemon juice and sugar mixture over top.