Shirl (J) 831's Note:
Found this one via the net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rye whiskey (optional- I never leave this out)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 lb grilling steak (top sirloin, tenderloin, strip loin or rib eye)
- 2 oranges, peeled & cut into large chunks
- 1In a large sealable bag, combine vinegar, garlic, syrup, onions, whiskey, cloves, salt & pepper.
- 2Set aside 4 tbsp of the marinade for basting.
- 3Trim any fat from steak: cut into 1" cubes.
- 4Add to the bag: seal tightly & refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or overnight.
- 5Discard marinade used on steak.
- 6Thread steak & orange onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 7Place greased grill over med-high heat: close lid & cook, basting with reserved marinade for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned but still pink inside.
- 9serving is aprox.
- 10Time indicated is including chill time.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.4
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 63.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper