Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this one via the net.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rye whiskey (optional- I never leave this out)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 lb grilling steak (top sirloin, tenderloin, strip loin or rib eye)
- 2 oranges, peeled & cut into large chunks
- In a large sealable bag, combine vinegar, garlic, syrup, onions, whiskey, cloves, salt & pepper.
- Set aside 4 tbsp of the marinade for basting.
- Trim any fat from steak: cut into 1" cubes.
- Add to the bag: seal tightly & refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or overnight.
- Discard marinade used on steak.
- Thread steak & orange onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Place greased grill over med-high heat: close lid & cook, basting with reserved marinade for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned but still pink inside.
- serving is aprox.
- Time indicated is including chill time.