Canadian Helen Gougeon's Blueberry Pie
- Crust: In large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly. Pat firmly in even layer over bottom and up sides of 10-inch (25 cm) flan or quiche pan with removable base, or 1/2 inch (1 cm) up side of same-size pie plate. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden.
- Filling: Reserve 2 cups (500 mL) of the berries.
- Combine sugar with flour and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, lightly toss sugar mixture with remaining berries.
- Spoon into crust; cover edges of crust with strips of foil.
- Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Let cool on rack. Just before serving, remove sides of pan, transfer to serving plate and pour reserved berries evenly over pie. Using sieve, dust surface evenly with icing sugar.
- Canadian Living Test Kitchens.