Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe ever!
- 4 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- sea salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low. Gradually beat adding flour mixture, until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded (heaping) tablespoonfuls, 2-inches (5 cm) apart, onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with back of tablespoon to make thin large cookies, or leave the way they are to make tall chubby cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and soft in the center. Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt on top of each cookie while still warm.