Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for ZWT 4! This chicken is delicious, moist & satisfying! Recipe from Ontario Maple Syrup...........
- 3 lbs roasting chickens, cut in pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Place chicken in a shallow casserole dish or baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken pieces.
- Bake uncovered in 400F oven for 50-60 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
Yum! Yum! So sweet fully delicious! I can eat this as is! I used chicken breast here and they came out so tender and moist. I basted the chicken with the marinade and drippings and also used ground cashews here. Keeper~! Thanks! Made for WZT4.
Oh, wow. This is so, so good. Maple syrup and lemon may sound strange, but it's such a perfect combination. The drippings in the bottom of the pan made a really nice gravy, too. Loved every bite.
Okay, this chicken is REALLY good! I used my crock pot, but left the ingredients the same. I cooked the chicken on high for 4 hours and basted it here and there while it was cooking. It was very yummy. Made for ZWT 4 - crock pot challenge.