1/1 Photo of Canadian Date Squares
These date squares are a childhood favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dates, 1 TBSP brown sugar, and water in small saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook, stirring often, until dates are soft enough to be mashed with a fork.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In mixer bowl, blend flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 5Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- 6Stir in brown sugar and oats.
- 7Do not over mix.
- 8Mixture should stay crumbly.
- 9Press half of crumb mixture over bottom of lightly buttered 8x8-inch pan to form bottom crust.
- 10Gently spread date filling over bottom crust.
- 11Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over date filling.
- 12Lightly pat with palm of hand to even out.
- 13Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 14Cool completely and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Date Squares
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 138.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g