Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great cheesy, creamy soup for a cold winter's evening. My kids love this soup! This is also good with some ham chopped up in it.
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Cook the vegetables until they are tender.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Let simmer for 25 - 30 minutes.
Wonderful soup! It's got just the right texture and I love that it uses simple, everyday ingredients. I added garlic but that's all I did differently. This is one of those soups that will please almost anyone no matter what age. Thanx for posting!