Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in my search for Cheddar cheese and ale soup. It's a simple version without the beer.
- 1 large potato, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a 1 1/2 qt.
- covered saucepan simmer vegetables in water until tender about 15-20 min.
- Add remaining ingredients Except Parsley.
- Heat, do not boil, and serve garnished with parsley.
- **Ilike bacon on top also**.