1/12 Photos of Canadian Burger With Beer-Braised Onions and Cheddar
A Classic Canadian Burger, with a slight twist. Serve with your favourite accompaniments, on grilled buns or bread. Recipe by Ruth Gangbar from Food and Drink.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the Beer-Braised Onions:.
- 2Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet.
- 3Add the onions and cook while stirring frequently over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- 4Add 3/4 cup beer and the sugar, and cook until beer is absorbed and the onions become lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- 5For the burgers:.
- 6Pre-heat the barbeque on high.
- 7In a large bowl, gently but thoroughly combine the beef, garlic, red pepper, 1/4 cup beer, dijon, salt and pepper.
- 8Form into 4 patties 1" thick, and place on the grill, turning heat down to medium.
- 9Grill them for 4-6 minutes per side, or until nearly the desired doneness.
- 10Top each burger with 1/2 cup grated cheese, and heat till slightly melted.
- 11Serve on toasted buns and top each with the beer-braised onions.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Burger With Beer-Braised Onions and Cheddar
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.7
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 182.6 mg
- Sodium 578.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 46.9 g