Recipe by Punky Julster
In French, it is "Tarte au Sucre Brun." Delicious!! This is a basic pie from Quebec, Canada.
Top Review by chefyl
Not only incredibly easy to whip together (presuming you have an unbaked pie shell on hand), but this pie turns out to also be a real crowd-pleaser! Went quite well with cream whipped with about a teaspoon each of rum, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mmmm! Among a pie smorgasbord, this was one of those that wholly disappeared. Next time, I think I'll try adding a half-teaspoonful of cinnamon...
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a saucepan, combine flour and sugar.
- Stir in milk, butter, salt and vanilla.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 25 minutes.