Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good with wild rice, orange-grapefruit salad, and hot rolls.
- 4 partridges
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup bacon fat
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- Sprinkle partridges inside and out with salt, pepper and flour.
- Heat bacon fat in skillet; add partridges and brown on all sides.
- Add milk, soup, onion, and caraway seeds.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender, basting frequently with sauce in pan.
- Good with wild rice, orange-grapefruit salad, and hot rolls.