1/5 Photos of Canadian Baked Beans
Comfort food recipe from my Canadian friend, Lisa. Time consuming, but well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak beans in cold water to cover them overnight; DO NOT DRAIN.
- 2Place beans, and water in which they were soaked, in saucepan and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- 3Place beans a mixing bowl; add all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- 4Add additional water, if desired.
- 5Pour into a casserole pot/ dish.
- 6Cover and bake at 300 deg F for 6-8 hours, removing cover during last 1/2 hour of baking.
- 7****Add boiling water 2-3 times to keep beans moist and covered with liquid; stir occasionally. Do not add water during last 1/2 hour of baking.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 320.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: