Recipe by JanuaryBride
A good basic recipe found on www.foodbycountry.com. Posted for ZWT4. Recipe says it can be served as a main dish or as an appetizer (cut into smaller pieces).
Top Review by French Tart
I LOVE, just LOVE sweet cure bacon, so this delivered on ALL fronts!! Crispy and maple syrupy sweet with a hint of sour with the cider vinegar - what a GREAT combination - JUST loved it!!! I served this as an appetiser before a special dinner for my mum and dad and friends last night......I served it with a cranberry sauce dip and they ALL vanished!! I will be making this again - saved for the future - THANKS for such an easy and different way to serve bacon! Made for ZWT4 - just gorgeous! FT:-) Edited to add - I used Canadian bacon and also some streaky bacon - both worked very well!
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lb approximately Canadian bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine vinegar, maple syrup, and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Slice Canadian bacon about ½-inch thick. Arrange the slices in a casserole or baking dish, and spoon the syrup mixture over the slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. (To serve as a snack, cut slices into bite-sized pieces and serve with toothpicks.).