Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
What a treat! You don't often find Canadian bacon on pizza, but it's delicious, and a 6 oz package won't stretch your wallet too far. You can also use sliced ham in place of the Canadian bacon. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
- 7.08 g packageregular active dry yeast or 7.08 g package bread machine quick-acting active dry yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 591.47 ml whole wheat flour
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml whole-grain cornmeal
- 226.79 g can pizza sauce
- 473.18 ml cheese, blend finely shredded (use an Italian mozzarella-Parmesan cheese blend)
- 170.09 g packagesliced Canadian bacon, cut into fourths
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- In medium bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in flour, 2 tbsp of the oil and the salt.
- Beat vigorously with spoon 20 strokes.
- Let dough rest 20 minutes.
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 425.
- Grease cookie sheet with remaining 1 tbsp oil; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Pat dough into 12x10" rectangle on cookie sheet, using floured fingers; pinch edges to form 1/2" rim.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Top with cheese, bacon and bell pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edge of crust is golden brown.