PSU Lioness's Note:
What a treat! You don't often find Canadian bacon on pizza, but it's delicious, and a 6 oz package won't stretch your wallet too far. You can also use sliced ham in place of the Canadian bacon. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package regular active dry yeast or 1 (1/4 ounce) package bread machine quick-acting active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain cornmeal
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 2 cups cheese, blend finely shredded (use an Italian mozzarella-Parmesan cheese blend)
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced Canadian bacon, cut into fourths
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1In medium bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Stir in flour, 2 tbsp of the oil and the salt.
- 3Beat vigorously with spoon 20 strokes.
- 4Let dough rest 20 minutes.
- 5Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 425.
- 6Grease cookie sheet with remaining 1 tbsp oil; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 7Pat dough into 12x10" rectangle on cookie sheet, using floured fingers; pinch edges to form 1/2" rim.
- 8Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- 9Top with cheese, bacon and bell pepper.
- 10Bake 15-20 minutes or until edge of crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Bacon Whole Wheat Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 796.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g