1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Posting this for ZWT 2006 (Canadian Region) this is delicious. Is it an omelet? Is it a bread pudding? Who cares?! It is cheesy with a wonderful ham flavor and such a good comfort food not to mention easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted and cut in half
- 1/2 lb sliced Canadian bacon, about 10 slices, halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1Butter a 2 quart shallow baking dish; set aside. In dish, alternately arrange muffin halves and Canadian Bacon; sprinkle with cheeses; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, 1/2 teaspoons salt,
- 3pepper to taste and hot sauce until combined; pour over muffins and bacon.
- 4Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours to overnight for an especially custardy consistency (makes it great for ahead of time preparation).
- 5Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 6Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet; remove plastic wrap; bake until puffed and set in the center or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean; about 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Tent loosely with foil if strata starts to brown too quickly; let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Bacon Strata
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 528.8 mg
- Sodium 1740.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 49.3 g