1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
Stratas make a perfect breakfast/brunch item when you have houseguests because they can be assembled the night before and then popped in the oven the next morning. Serve with a mixed fresh fruit salad and mimosas if you like!Lowfat cheese and milk can be used if you like. Originally from the food section of the Houston Chronicle.Cook time does not include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted, each half cut in half (four pieces per muffin)
- 1/2 lb sliced Canadian bacon, each slice halved (about 10 slices)
- 1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1Spray a shallow 2-quart baking dish ( oval or square)with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In dish, alternately arrange, cut side down, muffin pieces and Canadian bacon.
- 3Sprinkle with cheeses and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, 1/2 t. salt, a pinch of pepper, and hot sauce until well combined.
- 5Pour over muffins and bacon.
- 6Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least two hours.
- 7*Refrigerating overnight will give you an especially custardy consistancy.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 9Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet;remove plastic wrap.
- 10Bake until puffed and set in the center( a paring knife inserted in the center will come out clean) for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 11Tent loosely with foil if strata starts to brown too quickly.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Bacon Strata
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.4
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 313.6 mg
- Sodium 1103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 31.7 g