Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cranberries and sweet potatoes aren't just for Thanksgiving anymore!
Make and share this Canadian Bacon Stack-Ups recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 (1 lb) can sweet potato, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb Canadian bacon, unsliced
- Combine the cranberry sauce and light corn syrup in a bowl. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat potatoes with butter, brown sugar, and ginger until light and fluffy.
- Slice bacon into 12 pieces.
- In a 10x6 baking dish, spread half of the potato mixture equally on half of the bacon slices.
- Cover with remaining 6 bacon slices and top each with a mound of potatoes.
- Drizzle cranberry sauce over stacks.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, basting once or twice with sauce in dish.
- This makes a lovely light meal when served with green beans or asparagus spears.