Lovely colors and flavors in a reduced-fat version of a classic quiche. This would be a wonderful addition to your brunch table or a quick and healthy week-night supper. The crust is made of bread slices so this is easily adapted to solo or duo cooking, using individual baking dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 slices bread, your choice
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon or 1 cup lean ham
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 more eggs)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 9-inch pie dish with vegetable oil spray.
- 3With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread on a cutting board or flat surface.
- 4Cut 5 slices in half vertically (from top crust to bottom crust).
- 5Cut a 3-inch circle from the remaining slice with a round cookie cutter or a knife (this will go in the center of the crust).
- 6Place slices of bread in the bottom of the pie dish, slightly overlapping each piece to form a crust, gently pressing in the bottom and partially up the side of the pie dish.
- 7Place the reserved bread circle in the center and gently press down into the other slices of bread.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes, or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- 9Scatter Canadian bacon evenly in the bottom of the crust. Top evenly with red bell pepper and green onions.
- 10In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg substitute, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper, until blended.
- 11Carefully pour egg mixture over the meat and vegetable filling and place the pie dish on a baking sheet.
- 12Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven and let mixture rest 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Bacon Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 473.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: