Recipe by Sassy in da South
A tasty omelet that we have enjoyed in our house. Make sure that you use a skillet that can be used on the stove top as well as the oven, as the omelet finishes up in the oven.
Top Review by Lainey6605
This is really good! I loved all the ingredients. I added a sweet vidalia onion and green and yellow bell peppers as well as the red because I had them on hand. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium potato, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs and 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add potato, bell pepper, onion, bacon and garlic then saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg mixture and spread evenly in bottom of skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until almost set.
- Place skillet in preheated 450 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese then bake until cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream.