Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty omelet that we have enjoyed in our house. Make sure that you use a skillet that can be used on the stove top as well as the oven, as the omelet finishes up in the oven.
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium potato, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Combine eggs and 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add potato, bell pepper, onion, bacon and garlic then saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg mixture and spread evenly in bottom of skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until almost set.
- Place skillet in preheated 450 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese then bake until cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
This is really good! I loved all the ingredients. I added a sweet vidalia onion and green and yellow bell peppers as well as the red because I had them on hand. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
I think breakfast is my favorite meal and this recipe helps confirm that. I did not have a cooked potato so I used a little extra oil and sauteed my diced potato a bit before adding the bacon, peppers, onions (compliments of the freezer) Very much cooked like a frittata. Added an extra egg. Quick and easy....gone in no time. Not proud of my pic so much but hopefully someone better at that will some along now. Made for my Babes for ZWT4 Canada.