Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband Loves Canadian Bacon and I found this on the internet.
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 12 slices Canadian bacon (about 1 Lb)
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- parsley sprig
- apple, slices
- Combine mustard, honey and car-away seeds; spread 1 tablespoonful on.
- each muffin half.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute Canadian bacon slices until thoroughly heated, turning once.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Saute apple slices lightly in drippings. Arrange Canadian bacon slices and apple slices on muffins; place on baking.
- In a large bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in cheddar cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Mound on muffins,spreading evenly over topping. Broil in a preheated broiler until puffed and golden, about 1 minute. Garnish with a parsley sprig and.
- additional apple slices.