1/1 Photo of Canadian Bacon Bow Ties
I love canadian bacon and wanted to spring something new on my monthly dinner club participants. I read a similar recipe in a cookbook, but concocted my own version. It was a huge hit and a mainstay in my house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, prepared
- 2 lbs Canadian bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh green onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen green peas
- 14 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Prepare pasta according to instructions on box.
- 2Spread olive oil in a large skillet and heat over medium for about 1 minute.
- 3Chop canadian bacon in bite-sized pieces. Add canadian bacon, red onion, fresh green onions (with green part attached) and bell pepper in skillet and cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes until peppers start to soften.
- 4Stir in basil, rosemary, cilantro, black pepper, red pepper flakes, capers and peas. Stir until well blended.
- 5During last 3 minutes of cooking, stir in tomatoes.
- 6Pour cheeses over top, cover, turn off heat and let sit for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 7Pour cooked pasta into large bowl and pour canadian bacon mixture over pasta.
- 8I sprinkle additional parmesan cheese and fresh basil over top before serving. This was a huge hit. I served it with a really nice salad, homemade balsamic vinagrette, fresh garlic rolls, red wine and served chocolate espresso pudding in phyllo cups for dessert.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Bacon Bow Ties
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 1909.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: