1/8 Photos of Canadian Bacon and Mozzarella Penne
This is so good!!! Love the combinations of flavors in this pasta!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 1 1/2 in cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb penne
- 1/2 lb Canadian bacon, cut into 1/4 Inch pieces
- 1In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, and the parsley.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over moderately low heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until.
- 3translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, water, the remaining 1/2.
- 4teaspoon salt, and a pinch of red- pepper flakes. Reduce the heat and.
- 5simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 6In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until just done, Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta-cooking water.
- 8Toss the pasta with the tomato sauce, mozzarella mixture, and Canadian bacon.
- 9If the sauce seems too thick, add some of the reserved pasta-cooking water.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian Bacon and Mozzarella Penne
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 1739.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 34.8 g