Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package ziti pasta
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package Canadian bacon
- 1 cup light mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt.
- In a large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray sauté chicken, onion, garlic, green pepper for 10-15 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, tomato paste and red pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a prepared 9-x 13-inch baking dish layer pasta, ricotta cheese, Canadian bacon and sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is warmed throughout.
I made this last night and it was great! It tasted like lasagna and mostaccioli, with chicken and canadian bacon. It was very good! I used quite a bit of extra garlic and some extra red pepper.
Nothing really outstanding, and the ricotta cheese I used kind of caused the sauce to turn watery after baking.
I made this recipe as a test-run planning to make it for an engagement party. And everyone who tried it beforehand LOVED it!! So rave reviews!! I am making it again for the engagement party tonight, though I plan to put more pasta than it says, as I found there was too much sauce to the amount of pasta, but still fantastic!! Awesome recipe!!