Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For a tribute to our neighbor to the north, this muffin can be served for breakfast, brunch or lunch. It is a very moist muffin, popular with adults and children.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 ground hot-air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Sift flour, measure, and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, egg, and butter.
- Add Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese and maple syrup.
- Fill well-oiled muffin tins (435 F) 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Serve warm.