Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not a pie, yet more than a cake. The sour cream topping puts this one over the top. Not sure this is really Canadian, but it's so good, if I were Canadian, I would be proud to claim it! From my "Olde" recipe file.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter as for pie crust.
- Pat into ungreased 8" square baking pan.
- Arrange pared, sliced apples over (and ¼ cup optional raisins).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400.
- Spread sour cream/egg topping over apples and bake another 30 minutes.