Bangers n'Mash's Note:
It is an easy to prepare, mildly spicey dish I found in the Netherlands Antillies. A great dish for two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large potato
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon barbecue sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 1/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1Make soup.
- 2Mix milk in with can of soup, BBQ sauce and Tobasco.
- 3Stir well.
- 4Prepare chicken.
- 5Pan fry'till soft and light brown.
- 6Prick with fork and cover each side with lime juice then rub in ginger and nutmeg on both sides.
- 7Set aside to marinade for 10 minutes.
- 8Pour soup in pan.
- 9Slice potatoe into 1/8 inches slices and drop in soup.
- 10Cook until potatoe is soft on medium heat.
- 11Add chicken and simmer for five minutes.
- 12Sprinkle coconut on top of chicken only.
- 13Serve with cooked snap or snow peas, and sliced mushroom.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadian (Antillies Style) Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.2
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 1128.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 37.7 g