Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
It is an easy to prepare, mildly spicey dish I found in the Netherlands Antillies. A great dish for two.
- 1 large potato
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon barbecue sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Make soup.
- Mix milk in with can of soup, BBQ sauce and Tobasco.
- Stir well.
- Prepare chicken.
- Pan fry'till soft and light brown.
- Prick with fork and cover each side with lime juice then rub in ginger and nutmeg on both sides.
- Set aside to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Pour soup in pan.
- Slice potatoe into 1/8 inches slices and drop in soup.
- Cook until potatoe is soft on medium heat.
- Add chicken and simmer for five minutes.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of chicken only.
- Serve with cooked snap or snow peas, and sliced mushroom.