Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From the Kraft Canada website. I recommend Sour Cream Pound Cake for the pound cake!
Make and share this Canada Flag "cake" recipe from Food.com.
- 298 g package poundcake, cut into 10 slices
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 2 (170 g) packagejell-o strawberry gelatin
- 709.77 ml ice cubes
- 709.77 ml sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 473.18 ml thawed Cool Whip Topping, I prefer whipping cream
- LINE bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cake slices; set aside.
- STIR boiling water into combined dry jelly powders in large bowl at least 2 minute until jelly powder is completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes; stir 3 to 5 minute or until thickened.
- Remove any unmelted ice. Stir in 1 cup of the strawberries.
- Spoon over cake slices.
- Refrigerate 15 minute.
- Cover evenly with the whipped topping or whipping cream.
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until jelly is firm.
- Arrange remaining 2 cups strawberries over whipped topping to resemble the Canadian flag.
- Store in refrigerator.
This even better than the version I have always made. Thanks for sharing, will make this for our bbq this weekend. Happy Canada Day!