Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 1 (298 g) package poundcake, cut into 10 slices
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (85 g) packagesjell-o strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping, I prefer whipping cream
- LINE bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cake slices; set aside.
- STIR boiling water into combined dry jelly powders in large bowl at least 2 minute until jelly powder is completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes; stir 3 to 5 minute or until thickened.
- Remove any unmelted ice. Stir in 1 cup of the strawberries.
- Spoon over cake slices.
- Refrigerate 15 minute.
- Cover evenly with the whipped topping or whipping cream.
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until jelly is firm.
- Arrange remaining 2 cups strawberries over whipped topping to resemble the Canadian flag.
- Store in refrigerator.
This even better than the version I have always made. Thanks for sharing, will make this for our bbq this weekend. Happy Canada Day!