Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another great recipe DH found by asking someone at work what they were eating!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican or Italian optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa (hot, medium or mild to your taste)
- In a large skillet or medium sauce pan brown and drain the beef (optionally you a can brown with 1/4 cup each of diced onion, celery and/or green pepper but then its not a can opener recipe any more).
- For faster prep time on the day of the meal the beef can be cooked in advance and frozen, then warmed in the microwave. open all the cans. drain the kidney beans, black beans and corn. combine all ingredients and simmer 5 minutes or until warmed through.
I did add some onion when I was browning the ground beef. This is a very filling meal that will make it to the table in under 30 minutes. On those busy week nights I need all the help I can get. Thank you for posting. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game